In addition to our Captive Insurance practice, our attorneys are known throughout New England for their experience resolving regulatory compliance, disputed coverage and insurance defense matters. Our insurance lawyers have successfully negotiated claims involving “stacked” or multiple policy limits, have prosecuted declaratory judgment actions upholding a single aggregate policy limit, and have helped clients avoid exposure for claims of “bad faith.” Our firm has extensive appellate expertise in insurance policy interpretation. Our insurance trial group regularly defends insureds for multiple carriers in Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine, in cases involving wrongful death, lead paint, brain injuries, product liability, automotive claims and premises liability.
- Policy form and RAT approvals
- Financial and market conduct examinations
- Administrative proceeding representation
- Legislative and other regulatory representation
Claims and Coverage Issues
- Claims administration for professional liability insurance & other programs
- Counsel on the establishment and maintenance of efficient claims handling processes for insurers
- Counsel on insurance coverage issues including duty to defend, reservation of rights, coverage denial, policy rescission, and good faith issues
- Defend insured businesses from personal injury and premises claims
- Defend insureds from motor vehicle related claims
- Defend insureds from homeowner related claims
- Defend high-exposure claims involving wrongful death, brain injuries, lead paint and product liability
Frequently Asked Questions:
How are insurance companies regulated in Vermont and New Hampshire?
What should my company do if it receives notice of a consumer complaint?
Where can I find the insurance regulations and other regulatory information?
Claim and Coverage Questions
My insurance company has denied coverage. What can I do?
When are my children required to have their own auto insurance?
My dog bit someone when we were on vacation. Is that an insured event?
What type of insurance applies to a fire loss?
What experience does your Insurance group have trying cases on behalf of insureds?
When and under what circumstances is a duty to defend triggered?
- Gary M. Burt Shareholder / Director / Treasurer Manchester NH (603) 626-3310 firstname.lastname@example.org >> View Profile
- Gregory S. Clayton Shareholder / General Counsel Camden ME, Littleton NH (207) 618-6070 x1020 email@example.com >> View Profile
- Clara E. Conklin Associate Littleton NH (603) 444-4008, x1403 firstname.lastname@example.org >> View Profile
- Doreen F. Connor Shareholder / Director / Senior Vice President Manchester NH (603) 626-3304 email@example.com >> View Profile
- Jesse D. Crary Shareholder Burlington VT, Washington DC (802) 864-0880 x1223 firstname.lastname@example.org >> View Profile
- Gregory M. Eaton Shareholder / Director / President / Secretary Littleton NH (603) 444-4008 x1402 email@example.com >> View Profile
- Jeffrey P. Johnson Shareholder Burlington VT, Washington DC (802) 864-0880 x1208 firstname.lastname@example.org >> View Profile
- Gary F. Karnedy Managing Shareholder / Chair, Board of Directors Burlington VT (802) 864-0880 x1209 email@example.com >> View Profile
- Jeffrey S. Marlin Shareholder Burlington VT, Montpelier VT (802) 223-2102 x1108 firstname.lastname@example.org >> View Profile
- Adam R. Mordecai Shareholder Manchester NH (603) 626-3309 email@example.com >> View Profile
- Brendan D. O’Brien Associate Manchester NH (603) 626-3300 x1512 firstname.lastname@example.org >> View Profile
- Randall L. Wachsmann Shareholder Burlington VT, Portsmouth NH 802 864 0880 email@example.com >> View Profile
- Russell A. Young Shareholder / Director Burlington VT (802) 864-0880 firstname.lastname@example.org >> View Profile