Mediation & Arbitration
Primmer Piper Eggleston & Cramer’s attorneys serve as private and court-appointed mediators on a broad range of civil litigation and commercial matters. Drawing on their years of experience as trial attorneys for both plaintiffs and defendants, the firm’s mediators bring an in-depth knowledge of both the litigation and mediation process to communicate effectively with parties and counsel about the strengths and weaknesses of cases and the advantages of controlling risk through negotiated resolutions. With most courts now requiring litigants to participate in mandatory alternative dispute resolution (ADR) as part of the litigation process, an intimate understanding of the mediation and arbitration processes and the advocacy skills that are effective in such venues is critical to effective client representation.
The firm’s mediation style couples an in-depth understanding of the facts and law with an aggressive “hands-on” approach to identifying and communicating risks to all sides, which helps bring the parties to closure in difficult cases. Our mediators handle a wide variety of cases, which include:
- Complex commercial litigation
- Construction litigation
- Consumer Fraud
- Contractual disputes
- Employment disputes
- Excessive Force/Section 1983
- Franchise litigation
- Insurance coverage disputes
- Insurance errors and omissions
- Insurance sales practices
- Land-related litigation including boundary and title disputes and rights of way/easements
- Municipal disputes
- Personal injury
- Products liability
- Professional malpractice
- Reinsurance disputes
- Timber Trespass
- Undue Influence/Will Contests
- Individual arbitrators
- Arbitration panels
Drawing on their broad experience as neutrals, the firm’s attorneys are particularly effective advocates for clients in private mediation and arbitration, as well as court-ordered mediations in the state and federal courts of Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the difference between mediation and arbitration?
Why is it important to hire a mediator who has significant experience in the type of case I have?
What is the firm’s track record for dispute resolution?
- Leo A. Bisson Senior Counsel Montpelier VT (802) 223-2102 x1107 email@example.com >> View Profile
- Gary M. Burt Shareholder / Director / Treasurer Manchester NH (603) 626-3310 firstname.lastname@example.org >> View Profile
- Gregory S. Clayton Shareholder / General Counsel Camden ME, Littleton NH (207) 618-6070 x1020 email@example.com >> View Profile
- Gregory M. Eaton Shareholder / Director / President / Secretary Littleton NH (603) 444-4008 x1402 firstname.lastname@example.org >> View Profile
- Gary F. Karnedy Managing Shareholder / Chair, Board of Directors Burlington VT (802) 864-0880 x1209 email@example.com >> View Profile
- Brendan D. O’Brien Associate Manchester NH (603) 626-3300 x1512 firstname.lastname@example.org >> View Profile
- Thomas J. Pappas Shareholder Manchester NH (603) 626-3301 email@example.com >> View Profile