Jesse D. Crary
Jesse Crary concentrates his practice on captive insurance, commercial transactions, regulatory compliance and general corporate matters. Through his extensive work representing and advising captive insurance companies and risk retention groups, he has developed strong relationships with insurance regulators and leading captive service providers. Jesse is a specialist and leading attorney in the area of group medical stop loss captives.
Jesse helps clients develop integrated benefit programs that combine the administration of employee benefit plans with access to captive medical stop loss coverage, and provides valuable assistance navigating the complexities of insurance and benefits-related laws and regulations. Jesse has extensive experience forming and providing ongoing corporate and regulatory counsel to single parent, group, sponsored and protected cell captive insurance entities, as well as risk retention groups.
Admitted to Practice:
- Vermont Bar
- U.S District Court for the District of Vermont
- District of Columbia Bar
- Vermont Bar Association
- Vermont Captive Insurance Association Finance Committee
- Vermont Law School, J.D. 2006
- University of Vermont, B.A. 1996
Pro Bono & Volunteer Work:
- United Way Workplace Ambassador
- Head Coach, Richmond VT Little League
- Presenter, “Efficient Legal Structures for Group Medical Stop Loss Captives;” Captive Insurance Conference of America 2015
- Presenter, “Cell Captives: Uses and Best Practices;” Vermont Captive Insurance Association Conference 2015