J. Paul Giuliani
For more than 40 years, Vermont municipalities have turned to Paul Giuliani for public financing and municipal law advice, advocacy and representation. Paul’s extensive experience in general obligation and revenue bond financing, short-term municipal financing, projecting finance and other public financing issues enables him to provide uniquely effective bond counsel to towns, cities, villages, school districts, special purpose districts and governmental agencies. Paul’s strong network of contacts with public officials and public finance parties helps facilitate communication.
Admitted to Practice
- Vermont Bar
- U.S. District Court for the District of Vermont
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- Vermont Bar Association
- Washington County Bar Association
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Boston University School of Law, J.D.
- College of the Holy Cross, B.S.
Pro Bono & Volunteer Work
- Counsel, Montpelier Housing Authority
- Counsel, Good Beginnings of Central Vermont
- Finance Council (Audit Committee Chair), Roman Catholic Diocese of Burlington
- Treasurer, Vermont Chapter Alzheimer's Association
- Presenter: Water System Asset Management Conference sponsored by the Vermont Agency of Natural Resources and the Southwest Environmental Finance Center; Nov 17, 2016
- Lecturer and panelist, numerous continuing legal education programs
- Presenter: National Business Institute CLE program; "Tax increment financing"; Dec 6, 2016
- Presenter/Panelist: Vermont Bar Association CLE seminar "Renewable energy regulation, financing and net metering"; Dec 9, 2016
- Recently served as bond counsel, underwriter counsel or borrower's counsel in a number of complex transactions involving tax increment financing districts, municipal utility and energy generation bond issues, formation of telecommunications union districts, and healthcare / private educational financings in Vermont and New Hampshire
- Drafted public finance and municipal legislation
- Assistant Clerk, Vermont House of Representatives, 1972-1974