Kevin M. Henry
Posts by Kevin M. Henry
Welcome New Board Chair Gary Franklin & Two New Board Members
Attorney Gary Franklin has been named the…
Real Life Encounters with Intellectual Property Law
On October 7, members of our Intellectual…
Probate Litigation Presented by Kevin Henry
Kevin Henry is set to present at the Vermont…
Kevin Henry focuses his practice on complex civil litigation and criminal investigations and prosecutions. Kevin regularly represents individuals and corporations in connection with enforcement actions and investigations by the U.S. Department of Justice, the Securities and Exchange Commission, and other state and federal agencies. Kevin is a member of The American Health Lawyers Association and a significant part of his practice includes representing hospitals and other health care providers in civil and criminal investigations, including under the federal and state false claims acts.
Kevin is also experienced in representing corporations and individuals in connection with business and fiduciary litigation matters, including shareholder disputes and trust and estate disputes. Prior to joining Primmer, Mr. Henry was an attorney in the Washington D.C. office of Sidley Austin, LLP where he represented individuals and corporations in complex commercial litigation and white-collar criminal defense matters throughout the country.
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D.
- West Virginia Wesleyan College, B.S.
Vermont Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
Admitted to Practice
- Vermont Bar
- U.S. District Court for the District of Vermont
- Virginia Bar
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- District of Columbia Bar
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Fourth Circuit
- Second Circuit Court of Appeals
- Vermont Bar Association‘s mid-year meeting; March 31, 2017; Equinox Spa & Resort, Manchester, VT.
Publications / Presentations
- “Attorney Fee Awards in Litigation Between Trustees and Beneficiaries,” The Vermont Bar Journal, Summer 2013, Vol. 39, No. 2.
- “Protecting Your Company's Website: The Application of Intellectual Property to the Digital Marketplace,” The Vermont Bar Journal, Winter 2012, Vol. 37, No. 4.
- Counsel to international clothing retailer in connection with litigation of claims under the False Claims Act
- Counsel to a hospital in connection with litigation of claims under the False Claims Act
- Counsel to non-profit health care service provide in connection with False Claims Act investigation.
- Counsel to individual in connection with civil insider trading claims brought by the Securities and Exchange Commission
- Counsel to law firm in connection with investigation by the Vermont Department of Financial Regulation and Securities and Exchange Commission regarding claims of breach of fiduciary duties by investment advisor.
- Counsel to physician in defense of criminal charges brought by the State of Vermont in connection with billing and prescribing practices.
- Counsel to individual shareholder in connection with disputed contract for the purchase of shares
- Counsel to individual shareholders in connection with litigation of claims alleging breach of contract in connection with the sale of the company.
- Counsel to corporate trustee in defense of breach of fiduciary duty claims brought by trust beneficiaries.
- Counsel to individual trustee in defense of breach of fiduciary duty claims brought by trust beneficiary.