Litigation Associate | Burlington, VT
We are seeking an associate attorney to join the litigation team in our Burlington, Vermont office. The position requires 2 to 5 years’ litigation experience and will involve all phases of trial work from drafting pleadings, working on discovery, engaging in motion practice, and participating in evidentiary hearings. We are seeking candidates with strong academic credentials and excellent research, writing, and analytical skills.
Our associate attorneys benefit from a formal mentorship program designed to merge the goals of the attorney and the firm. In addition, associates regularly participate in performance evaluations and goalsetting meetings to determine professional development and advancement opportunities. We believe in creating a work environment that fosters professional and personal growth, ultimately leading to long and successful careers at our firm.
Both attorneys and staff may choose to work primarily in the office or a hybrid schedule of remote and in-office workdays to ensure a positive work-life balance. We are proud to say that we are the only law firm in Vermont to be named to the Best Places to Work list. This accomplishment reflects the ongoing collaboration between staff and firm leadership to create a welcoming and healthy work environment.
- 2 to 5 years’ litigation experience
- Currently licensed to practice in Vermont
- Experience appearing in court preferred
- Taking and defending depositions preferred
- Strong analytical and writing skills
- Draft and prepare discovery and motions
- Take and defend depositions
- Argue motions before federal and state courts
- Conduct interviews and gather material
- Coordinate, collaborate, and support other attorneys
- Organize filing of litigation documents and processes
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal laws related to matters
- 401K savings plan and company match
- Basic Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Pre-tax flexible spending accounts: medical and dependent care
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Long & Short-Term Disability
- Accident Insurance
- Paid parking
- Paid Vacation
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Paid CLE’s and Bar Dues
- Hybrid work schedule option.