Firm founder John Primmer formed the first Vermont captive insurer in 1982. Today, Vermont is the preeminent domestic domicile for captive insurers, and Primmer is the leading law firm representing captives in Vermont and other domiciles. Primmer represents more than 200 captives and alternative risk facilities, including single parent, associations, risk retention groups, industrial insureds, reciprocals, sponsored captives, risk purchasing groups, branch captives and special purpose financial insurance companies. Primmer works continuously on behalf of its clients to maintain a sound but flexible regulatory environment, both in Vermont and in other leading domiciles.
>> Read More
- Evaluation, planning and organization
- Regulatory and corporate matters
- Strategy, restructuring, mergers, loss portfolio transfers and other major transactions
- Directorial and corporate support
- Fronting arrangements
- Risk retention group and risk purchasing group registrations
- Policy drafting and interpretation
- Reinsurance agreement negotiation, review and coverage
- Coverage, claims services, litigation and dispute resolution
- Legislative and regulatory initiatives
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why form a captive insurance company?
Is Vermont the best place for a captive?
Do I need captive counsel?
Do we need counsel after formation?
What are the advantages of captive fixed-fee arrangements?
Does Primmer represent captives outside Vermont?
- Nicole M. Bodoh Of Counsel Burlington VT, Manchester NH (802) 864-0880 x1237 firstname.lastname@example.org >> View Profile
- Jesse D. Crary Shareholder Burlington VT, Washington DC (802) 864-0880 x1223 email@example.com >> View Profile
- Denise J. Deschenes Shareholder Littleton NH (603) 444-4008 x1407 firstname.lastname@example.org >> View Profile
- Jeffrey P. Johnson Shareholder Burlington VT, Washington DC (802) 864-0880 x1208 email@example.com >> View Profile
- Katherine Martin Of Counsel Burlington VT 802-864-0880 firstname.lastname@example.org >> View Profile
- Randall L. Wachsmann Shareholder Manchester NH (603) 626-3300 x1505 email@example.com >> View Profile
- Russell A. Young Shareholder / Director Burlington VT (802) 864-0880 firstname.lastname@example.org >> View Profile
- Kurt A. Lutes Paralegal Montpelier VT (802) 223-2102 x1112 email@example.com >> View Profile