Peter I. Dysart
Posts by Peter I. Dysart
Update: FinCEN Issues Final Rule Implementing the Corporate Transparency Act
Earlier this year we posted about the reporting…
Update: FinCEN Issues Proposed Regulations Implementing the Corporate Transparency Act
Last month, the Financial Crimes Enforcement…
Welcome Peter Dysart
We are pleased to welcome attorney Peter…
As an associate in the firm’s corporate group, Peter’s practice focuses primarily on commercial transactions, business formations and dissolutions, mergers and acquisitions, and trademark registration and protection. Peter represents financial institutions in a variety of commercial lending matters, including asset-based, construction, and commercial real estate financings. He routinely advises corporations and all other business forms on contract and governance issues. Peter also supports the firm’s captive insurance group with respect to corporate transactions. With his background in commercial litigation, Peter is able to provide practical and sensible advice to his clients.
Prior to joining the firm, Peter served as a law clerk to the Honorable Peter W. Hall of the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit. He also served as a law clerk to the Vermont Superior Court.
- Vermont Law School, magna cum laude
- University of Vermont
- Vermont Bar Association
- Chittenden County Bar Association
Admitted to Practice
- Vermont Bar
- United States District Court for the District of Vermont
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
Publications / Presentations
- The Nonadmitted and Reinsurance Reform Act and its Unintended Consequences on the Vermont Captive Insurance Industry: Violating Due Process and Holding Premium Taxes “Captive,” 38 Vt. L. Rev. 775 (2014).