Doreen F. Connor
Posts by Doreen F. Connor
Primmer Piper Eggleston & Cramer Named as Best Place to Work 2023
Primmer Piper Eggleston & Cramer PC is thrilled…
Nineteen Attorneys Named to Best Lawyers of America
Every year, BestLawyers publishes awards…
NH Supreme Court Society 2021 King Lecture
On April 28, 2021, Doreen Connor, Chair of…
Doreen Connor has handled more than 195 appeals before the New Hampshire Supreme Court. Doreen was inducted into the American Academy of Appellate Lawyers (AAAL) in 2006 by nomination from retired N.H. Supreme Court Justice Duggan, who is also an AAAL member. She is the only New Hampshire attorney in the AAAL handling civil appeals. Her experience and reputation before the Court distinguishes her from those that appear before the Court less frequently. Doreen’s appellate practice includes appeals from attorneys and clients outside the firm, as well as appeals from existing firm clients. In addition to her appellate practice, Doreen has spent 32 years analyzing personal line and commercial insurance policies. She is well known for her expertise in insurance coverage matters.
She represents both insureds and insurance companies in disputes over policy language. Doreen has the skills, experience, and knowledge to resolve complex insurance disputes efficiently and effectively.
- University of Maine School of Law, J.D.
- Bates College, B.A.
- American Academy of Appellate Lawyers
- The American College of Coverage and Extracontractual Counsel
- New Hampshire Supreme Court Society, Chair
- New Hampshire Bar Association Insurance Committee, Chair
- New Hampshire Board of Bar Examiners
- New Hampshire Women’s Bar Association
Admitted to Practice
- New Hampshire Bar and U.S. District Court for the District of New Hampshire
- Vermont Bar
- Maine Bar U.S. District Court for the District of Maine
Pro Bono & Volunteer Work
- Chair Henniker Zoning Board of Adjustment, 2008-Present
- Treasurer, Pats Peak Educational Foundation, 2007-Present
- Treasurer, Mt Kearsarge Pony Club 2010-2016
- Treasurer, White Mt. Region Pony Club, 2012-Present
- One of only four New Hampshire Fellows in the American Academy of Appellate Lawyers, an invitation-only professional organization requiring at least 15 years of appellate practice, excellence in appellate work and a recognized reputation for integrity for consideration.
- Elected as a Fellow in the American College of Coverage and Extracontractual Counsel (ACCEC), comprised of experienced and ethical lawyers whose practice is largely concentrated on matters of insurance coverage.
- Successfully acquired coverage for client following a $1,715,000 verdict for personal injury damages arising out of alleged construction defects under a “Managers, Landlord or Lessors additional insured” endorsement deemed by the Court to be ambiguous. Great American Dining v. Philadelphia Ins. Co., 164 NH 612 (2013)
- After a 17 day divorce trial, successfully defended multiple appeal challenges including an order that required the client’s spouse to pay all future attorney fees for any proceeding related to the parties divorce decree and/or minor child. In re Hampers, 154 N.H. 275 (2006)
- Was successful in reinstating a widow who had been removed from her husband’s life insurance policies during the parties’ divorce and subjected to financial hardship for husband’s debts flowing from his suicide In re Jackson, No. 2013-0093.
- "Automobile-Liability and Uninsured Motorist Coverage"; New Hampshire Bar Association; 2021 Insurance Law CLE May 6, 2021
- "Coverage Issues In Advanced Personal Injury Litigation"; NH Bar Association; May 9, 2019
- "Civil Litigation Practical Skills Course;" NH Bar Association; Annually
- Insurance Coverage for IP Disputes; NH Bar Association; May 16, 2016, 2019
- "Insurance Coverage for Shareholder and Director Liabilities;" NH Bar Association; May 24, 2017
- "Legal Update – A Year in Review” Family Law From A to Z Seminar; New Hampshire Bar Association, Manchester, NH; May 17, 2017
- "Auto Insurance and UIM claims CLE;" NH Bar Association; April 13, 2017
- Appellate Advocacy, NH Bar Association, 2015, 2019
- Insurance Law, NH Bar Association, 2015
- Insurance Coverage as it Relates to Business Disputes, NH Bar Association, 2014
- Advanced Uninsured Motorist Law, NBI Institute 2016
Publications / Presentations
- “Workers Comp & Personal Injury: Safeguarding Insurance in Personal Injury Cases,“ New Hampshire Bar News, August 2014
- “Discovery Relating to Experts,” NH Minimum Continuing Legal Education, 2011
- "Insider’s Guide to NH Supreme Court,” ABA Council Appellate Lawyers, 2011
- "Appellate Procedure,” MCLE New England, Practical Guide to Divorce in NH, 2009
- NH Adjuster’s Association fall meeting; Tort and Insurance coverage developments under NH law; Manchester, NH, October 27, 2017.