Mark H. Scribner
Posts by Mark H. Scribner
Primmer Piper Eggleston & Cramer Named as Best Place to Work 2023
Primmer Piper Eggleston & Cramer PC is thrilled…
Nineteen Attorneys Named to Best Lawyers of America
Every year, BestLawyers publishes awards…
Mark Scribner elected President of the Board for Vermont’s SSTA
Mark H. Scribner was recently elected President…
Mark Scribner’s in-depth experience with banking, securities, corporate and regulatory law enables him to decipher complex issues quickly and communicate key points clearly and concisely. As both in-house and outside counsel, Mark has represented lenders for more than three decades on a variety of commercial financing transactions, including asset based, construction, commercial real estate and bond financings, interest rate swaps and foreign currency transactions, as well as provided advice on operations, corporate and workout issues. He also represents developers using foreign investment raised in securities offerings under the federal EB-5 immigration program to develop ski resorts, manufacturing facilities and destination resorts.
- Vermont Law School, J.D.
- University of Notre Dame, B.A.
- Vermont Bar Association
- Chittenden County Bar Association
Admitted to Practice
- Vermont Bar
- U.S. District Court for the District of Vermont
Pro Bono & Volunteer Work
- Special Services Transportation Agency, President, Board of Directors
- Lake Champlain Regional Chamber of Commerce, Leadership Champlain graduate and past member of Board of Directors
- Champlain Senior Center, past member of Board of Directors and Past President
- Successfully represented an employer at trial and on appeal to the Vermont Supreme Court that held for the first time that a disgruntled ex-employee could not prevent his testimony in an unemployment compensation hearing from being introduced at trial to support the employer’s claims, notwithstanding the protected confidentiality of such testimony under statute. Haverly v. Kaytek, 169 VT 350 (1999).
Publications / Presentations
- “Overview of Business-Related Due Diligence Issues for EB-5 Investors and Their Counsel;” Immigration Options for Investors & Entrepreneurs, 3rd Edition 2014, published by the American Immigration Lawyers Association
- “Business Considerations for Investors;” found in Immigration Options for Investors & Entrepreneurs, 2nd Edition 2010