Randall L. Wachsmann
Posts by Randall L. Wachsmann
July 2017 Captive Insurance Update
A New Home for our Burlington Office We…
Randy Wachsmann focuses his work on group captives, including reciprocals and risk retention groups. He draws upon broad experience in diverse industry sectors to provide creative solutions to clients, often identifying issues that may be common to one type/industry sector of captive that could be used by or may benefit another. Randy regularly counsels clients on a wide range of issues associated with captives, including pre-formation planning, regulatory matters, transfer and assumption of insurance liabilities, dissolution and liquidation. He also advises clients about reinsurance transactions with fronting carriers and the commercial reinsurance market.
Admitted to Practice
- Vermont Bar
- Massachusetts Bar
- Vermont Captive Insurance Association
- National Risk Retention Association
- Vermont Bar Association
- Northeastern University School of Law, J.D.
- University of Northern Colorado
- “Drafting the Winning Team: Unbundling Captive Services;” Vermont Captive Insurance Association Conference; August 2012
- ”The What Ifs of TRIA;” Vermont Captive Insurance Association Seminar; March 2004