Richard J. Windish
Posts by Richard J. Windish
Welcome New Shareholder Richard Windish
After more than twenty-five years of service…
Richard's practice concentrates on the litigation, negotiation, and resolution of civil disputes involving businesses, individuals, and insurance carriers. He specializes in insurance defense and coverage litigation, in addition to commercial litigation and contract disputes. Richard also has a robust civil litigation practice, including family law, land use, and construction defect litigation. Richard has extensive experience with environmental claims and has assisted with the management and oversight of several hazardous waste sites.
Over the past twenty-five years, Richard has represented hundreds of corporate clients and private litigants in various courts throughout Vermont and New Hampshire and has tried cases in federal and state courts.
- La Salle University, Bachelor of Arts with Honors, 1991
- Vermont Law School, Juris Doctorate, 1994
- Vermont Bar Association
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- Windsor County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Association of Defense Trial Attorneys
- Tri-State Defense Lawyers Association
Admitted to Practice
- Vermont Supreme Court
- New Hampshire Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, District of Vermont
- U.S. District Court, District of New Hampshire
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
Pro Bono & Volunteer Work
- Shir Shalom Jewish Community, Woodstock, VT (Board of Directors, 2019-present; Chair, Tikkun Olam Social Justice Committee, 2020-present)
- Green Mountain Club, Inc. (Board of Directors, 1996-2016; GMC President 2006-2009; Honorary Life Membership Award 2016); thousands of hours of volunteer service for Green Mountain Club, Appalachian Trail Conservancy, United States Forest Service, Green Mountain National Forest, and United States Park Service.