Thomas J. Pappas
Posts by Thomas J. Pappas
Hearing focuses on Northern Pass Disruption During Construction
This article was originally published in…
Thomas Pappas & Adam Mordecai present at Basic Construction Law for Associated Builders & Contractors
Thomas Pappas and Adam Mordecai will be presenting…
Tom Pappas is a seasoned commercial litigator with a special focus on business and shareholder disputes, banking issues, employment claims, trade secret claims, estate litigation and construction cases for municipalities and major contractors. With more than 30 years of experience in the legal field, Tom has the expertise and knowledge necessary to advocate for clients before state and federal courts, administrative boards, and commisions.
- Catholic University of America, J.D.
- University of New Hampshire, B.A.
- Construction Lawyers Society of America
- ABA Forum on Construction Industry
- NHLA/LARC Development Committee, Board of Directors
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
Admitted to Practice
- New Hampshire Bar
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Hampshire
- District of Columbia Bar
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
Pro Bono & Volunteer Work
- Director, AHEPA 35, Inc., a senior housing initiative
- Former Commissioner of the Nashua Police Department
- Former Cal Ripkin Baseball and Nashua Youth Soccer League Coach
- Obtain favorable settlement in 2018 of multi-party litigation of large construction project.
- Represent Counsel for the Public, New Hampshire Department of Justice, in Joint Application of Northern Pass Transmission, LLC and Public Service Company of New Hampshire d/b/a Eversource Energy for a Certificate of Site and Facility, New Hampshire Site Evaluation Committee, 2015-2018.
- Obtained favorable decision in 2015 bench trial upholding validity of Manchester municipal fee ordinance, which was affirmed on appeal.
- Successfully represented a client in resolving a dispute among the members of more than a dozen real estate development entities in 2014
- Obtained a verdict for a large national bank in a 2013 jury trial
- Obtained a successful judgment after a 2012 trial in a will contest case and also obtained a successful judgment in a real estate title case in the same year
- "Developments in the Law, Civil Practice Update;" New Hampshire Bar Association CLE, 2011 - Present
- “Business Split-ups: Issues Arising from Corporate and Partnership Fractures 2015;” New Hampshire Bar Association CLE; May 14, 2015
- “Basic Construction Law: Beyond Hammer and Nails;” The Next Chapter; New Hampshire Bar Association CLE; May 29, 2015
- “Breaches of Fiduciary Duty in the Context of Business Split Ups;” New Hampshire Bar Association CLE 2011
- “Advanced Construction Law - Architect and Engineering Liability;” New Hampshire Bar Association CLE 2011
- “The Business Owner Died - What do I do?” Litigation Aspects, New Hampshire Bar Association CLE 2009
Publications / Presentations
- "Chapter 6 - Construction Claims," New Hampshire Construction Law and Litigation, MCLE, 2016
- "A State-By-State Guide to Construction and Design Law," ABA - NH Chapter, 1998, 2008
- "A State-By-State Compendium on Trade Secrets and Non Compete Clauses," New Hampshire Trade Secrets, DRI, 2008