Anne E. Cramer
Anne serves as counsel to hospitals, nursing homes, community mental health agencies, physician groups, and other private health care interests in Vermont and New Hampshire. In addition to providing long-term counsel to the Vermont Association of Hospitals and Health Systems, Anne and the firm also serve as counsel to the Vermont Health Care Association and the Council for Developmental and Mental Health Services. In her health law practice, Anne emphasizes compliance with federal and state regulatory requirements, including fraud and abuse prevention, the HIPAA privacy and security rules, antitrust compliance and employment law. With over 30 years’ experience practicing health law, Anne has dealt with virtually all legal and compliance issues that a client can encounter. The breadth of her experience, coupled with her practical approach to problem-solving, makes Anne a uniquely effective advisor to a broad spectrum of healthcare providers.
Admitted to Practice
- Vermont Bar
- U.S. District Court for the District of Vermont
- New Hampshire Bar
- American Health Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- Vermont Bar Association
- State Capitol Group
- University of Wisconsin Law School, J.D.
- University of Denver School of Law
- Dartmouth College, B.A.
Pro Bono & Volunteer Work
- Blair Academy, Blairstown, NJ: Board Member, 1992 to 1998, 1999 to present; Chair of Governance Committee, 2000-2014; Secretary of Board (current)
- Committee on Temporary Shelter (COTS), Burlington, VT: Board Member, 2004 to October 2010; Chair – November 2007 to October 2009
- "Practical Pediatric Legal Update and Q & A"; Anne Cramer & Shireen Hart; Physician's Computer Co. 2017 Users' Conference; July 20, 2017
- HIPAA & Compliance Update - Updates in HIPAA, including HIPAA the audit program and recent enforcement actions, Vermont Medical Society, March 15, 2017
- Presentation: Panel Speak for the HIPAA Compliance and Health IT on at the Vermont Information Technology Leaders 2016 Summit on Navigating the Health IT Landscape", October 6, 2016,
- Sheraton Hotel and Conference Center, Burlington, VT.
- Panel Speaker for "HIPAA Compliance and Health IT" at the Vermont Information Technology Leaders 2016 Summit on Navigating the Health IT Landscape; Sheraton Hotel and Conference Center; Burlington, VT; October 6, 2016
- “Practical Pediatric Legal Updates” presented with Shireen Hart; Physician’s Computer Company 2016 Users’ Conference; July 27, 2016
- "Health Reform Initiatives / ACO Update: Where are We?" Vermont Health Care Association 2014 Conference; October 2, 2014
- "Health Care Reform - Thriving in a Rapidly Changing Health Care Environment;” Vermont Information Technology Leaders Summit; September 9, 2014
- "2014 Legal Updates;” Physician's Computer Company 2014 Users Conference; July 18, 2014
- Panel discussion, “Leveraging the Electronic Exchange of Health Information to Support Health Care Reform;" Vermont Association of Hospitals and Health Systems; September 12, 2013
- “Legal Hurdles for Healthcare Reform”; Northern New England Association of Healthcare Executives; November 2, 2012
- “The Reality of Increased Government Scrutiny and Enforcement under Health Care Reform;” Vermont Association of Hospitals and Health Systems; September 14, 2012
- “Vermont Patient Consent Policy Update;” Vermont Information Technology Leaders; September 13, 2012
- “Compendium of Vermont Law Related to Health Information Privacy” Workshop; Vermont Health Information Managers Association; September 7, 2012
- Past lecturer on health law topics at Vermont Law School; former adjunct professor teaching commercial law at Vermont Law School and business law at the University of Vermont School of Business
Primmer Piper Eggleston & Cramer PC Managing Shareholder, 2010-2011