Jon R. Eggleston
Posts by Jon R. Eggleston
Captive Insurers’ Court Losses May End Tax Planning Method
*This article was originally published in…
Vermont Business Magazine Names the 2018 Best Tax Law Firm
Last night, the lead attorneys of our Taxation practice,…
Primmer Piper Eggleston receives Best Tax Law Firm in Vermont award
Our firm received the great honor of being…
Jon Eggleston has practiced in the areas of tax and corporate law since 1973. His practice also encompasses a variety of corporate matters, including securities work, business entity planning and selection, and financial transactions. In the area of international law, he represents Canadian and other foreign corporations having U.S. subsidiaries or affiliates. After graduating from the University of Denver in 1968 with a major in Political Science, and from Cornell Law School in 1971, Jon clerked for the Vermont Supreme Court. Thereafter, he served as a trial attorney in the Tax Division of the U.S. Department of Justice and during that time obtained his Masters of Taxation from Georgetown Law Center in Washington, D.C. Jon’s tax practice emphasizes mergers and acquisitions, tax litigation, international taxation, and estate planning, and he has lectured and written on these topics.
Jon was President of the Vermont Bar Association during 1999-2000. He is listed in The Best Lawyers in America© in the fields of taxation and trusts and estates. Jon is also recognized as one of the top corporate/commercial lawyers in Vermont by The Chambers USA Guide and New England Super Lawyers®.
- Cornell Law School, J.D.
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M.
- University of Denver, B.A.
- Vermont Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Chittenden County Bar Association
- Franklin/Grand Isle County Bar Association
- National Council of the Atlantic Salmon Federation (U.S.).
- State Capitol Group
Admitted to Practice
- Vermont Bar
- U.S. District Court for the District of Vermont
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Claims Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second and Eleventh Circuits
- President, Vermont Bar Association, 1999-2000
- Panelist, "Initiating the Deal, Protecting Creditors, Enforcing Judgments, and Responding to Bankruptcy Filings in US-Canada Transactions;” Vermont Bar Association International Law & Practice,
- Bankruptcy and Business Law Sections
- Speaker, “Entity Selection for Inbound Foreign Direct Investment;” Vermont Bar Association
- “Tax Appeals”; 42nd Annual Vermont Tax Seminar