Ryan M. Long
Posts by Ryan M. Long
Practical Law State Q&A: Vermont Right of Publicity Laws
This week, attorneys Douglas Wolinsky and…
Ryan’s practice focuses on commercial litigation and includes drafting pleadings and dispositive motions, conducting complex discovery, and substantive legal research. Before coming to Vermont, Ryan practiced in New York where he gained wide-ranging experience in complex legal research, writing and review for high-profile cases including private equity disputes, employee stock buybacks, class action defense, prospective litigation strategy, and employment law for clients ranging from large corporations and holding companies to government agencies. Additionally, he gained hands-on litigation experience and was regularly trusted to represent clients in court, drafted winning appellate briefs and advised clients on complex legal matters. Ryan is a focused litigator who works with clients to understand both their business and litigation needs and devise integrative strategies to move their interests forward.
Prior to attending law school, Ryan worked as a reporter in Alaska, handling all aspects of local news. This experience led to his continued pursuits of writing, photography, hiking and rock climbing.
Admitted to Practice
- New York Bar
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Vermont Bar
- New York State Bar Association
- J.D., New York University School of Law; Mortimer Bishop Scholar
- New York University Journal of Law and Liberty, Executive Editor
- B.A. English, Michigan State University, Magna Cum Laude